Summer work placement (summer practice)
Students are obliged to inform the Office of the Centre for Medical Education in English if they choose to have their summer work placements done in university hospitals in Bydgoszcz. The deadline for sending the information is 23rd April 2023. Lack of such information will mean the students will organize the placement by themselves, either in Poland or in their home countries.
• If you complete your work placement in a place which does not fall within the relevant category (see below), you will not get a credit for the placement.
• Students receive the work placement logs (booklets) before the summer at the Office of the Centre for Medical Education.
• After completing summer work placement, each student is obliged to submit the work placement log with practice program for a relevant year filled out (signed and stamped by the work placement supervisor in the charts, and signed and stamped by a person representing the healthcare unit where the placement takes place) to the Office of the Centre for Medical Education in English by 20 September 2023.
• All tasks listed in the practice program must be accomplished.
• Since summer work placement is a part of the plan of study, it is necessary to receive a 'credit' which will be given to you after delivering a filled out practice program. Lack of credit means failing the year.
During the course of study, the student completes the following holiday work placements:
- 1st year of study: 4-week work placement in nursing in clinics or hospital wards.
- 2nd year of study: 3-week work placement in outpatient health care (family medicine) and 1-week work placement in emergency medical aid at a hospital emergency department.
- 3rd year of study: 4-week work placement in an internal medicine clinic or hospital ward.
- 4th year of study: 2-week work placement in a surgery clinic or hospital ward and 2-week work placement in a paediatric clinic or hospital ward.
- 5th year of study: 2-week work placement in a gynaecology and obstetrics clinic or hospital ward and 2-week work placement in in anaesthesiology and intensive care clinic or hospital ward.