A student ID card [in Polish: legitymacja studencka] is a credit-card-sized document which confirms your student status and allows access to libraries and other university facilities. It entitles its holder to a 50% discount on public transport fees and a 37% discount on public rail and bus/coach transport (until the age of 26). The student ID also includes the holder's unique student ID number.
In order to receive a student ID card, you should:
- submit an electronic version of your ID photo (on a CD) to the Office of the Centre for Medical Education in English - the photo should be taken without any head cover and showing your left ear;
- submit a confirmation of holding OC insurance (third-party liability);
- pay the fee for issuing a student ID to the bank account number received from the office staff - the fee for issuing a student ID is currently PLN 22.
If your student ID card has been lost or stolen, or if your personal data have changed, we can issue a duplicate of your ID card. In order to receive a duplicate of your student ID, you should:
- submit a completed Duplicate ID application94.95 KB to the Office of the Centre for Medical Education in English;
- pay the fee for issuing a duplicate ID to the bank account number received from the office staff - the fee for issuing a duplicate ID is currently PLN 33.