of proceedings in the case of suspicion or occurrence of coronavirus infection in students, doctoral students and other participants of the education process
at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
- Students and doctoral students and other participants of the education process may stay at the University and other facilities where the teaching is conducted if they:
- have no symptoms suggesting infectious disease,
- do not stay at home with a person in quarantine or isolation under domestic conditions,
- are not placed in quarantine or isolation.
- In the case of alarming symptoms suggesting a coronavirus infection, students, doctoral students and other participants of the education process should stay at home and contact a sanitary and epidemiological station, a department of infectious diseases or a Primary Healthcare doctor via phone.
- Students, doctoral students and other participants in the educational process shall be obliged to inform the University immediately in the situation when:
- an infection caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus is confirmed,
- they receive the decision on isolation or in-patient treatment, together with an indication of its deadline,
- they are in quarantine due to direct contact or contact between persons living in the same household and an infected person,
by sending the information via e-mail to the Dean’s Office address, Vice-Dean’s for Student Affairs address or doctoral school’s office address.
In the event of providing the University with information about an infection or quarantine, in order to conduct an internal epidemic investigation and limit the spread of the epidemic, personal data will be processed by the University pursuant to Art. 6.1d and 6.1f and 9.1i and GDPR.
- The Vice-Dean for Student Affairs or the director of the doctoral school provides information on the number of infected and quarantined persons to the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs to the following address: email@example.com.
- The Vice-Rector for Student Affairs reports to the relevant authorities about the epidemic situation concerning students and doctoral students.
- In the case of infection of a student, doctoral student or academic teacher conducting on-site classes, the group or class groups shall switch to remote teaching for a period of at least 10 days from the date of the last joint contact in the group.
- The absence of a student or doctoral student during on-site classes due to quarantine is treated as an excused absence with the obligation to make up for or pass the classes.
- The student or doctoral student agrees with the teacher conducting the classes on the possibility and form of making up for or completing the classes.
- The following are launched for students and doctoral students (after identification based on the student ID number):
- psychological assistance available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., phone number: 502 695 564
- hotline for foreign students regarding medical assistance (telecounselling): 501 102 461.