On 9 April 2020, the Polish government introduced further safety rules in relation to the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the growing number of COVID-19 cases. The rules are enumerated on the offical website of the Polish government. Translation into English can be found below:
The obligation to cover your mouth and face will soon be introduced, and the safety rules will be in force for a longer time
From April 16 (Thursday), everyone in the street will have to cover their mouths and nose. The dates of matura exams and eighth grade exams will also change. In addition, we extend all existing security policies. This means that restrictions on movement or the limits of people in churches also apply during Easter.
Exams in June at the earliest
The matura exams and eight grade exam will be postponed. They will take place at the earliest in June. However, we will inform you about specific dates at least 3 weeks before the exam date.
In addition, all schools and universities remain closed until Sunday, April 26. Until then, as before, institutions are required to provide distance learning.
Covering the mouth and nose is mandatory from 16 April
From Thursday, April 16, 2020, we are introducing the obligation to cover the mouth and nose. Everyone in a public place will have to wear a mask, scarf or handkerchief that covers both the mouth and nose. The obligation applies to everyone who is in the streets, in offices, shops or places where services are provided and workplaces.
We are also extending the current security rules.
Until Sunday, April 26, the following applies:
- closure of schools and universities;
- closure kindergartens and nurseries;
- closure of passenger air traffic;
- closure of international rail traffic.
Until Sunday, May 3, the following applies:
- closure of borders (the right to cross the Polish border is still held by, among others, Polish citizens, foreigners who are spouses or children of Polish citizens, persons who have the right of permanent or temporary residence in Poland or a work permit);
- mandatory quarantine for persons crossing the Polish border.
Until further notice:
- restrictions on the organization of mass events and gatherings.
All remaining restrictions implemented so far will be in force until 19 April.